One of the tasks of a Sales Manager (Account manager, Sales Executive, Sales rep, Country manager etc) is to capture, share and follow eventual actions out of a customer visit/meeting.
This is done normally by means of a visit report (or MOD-Memorandum of discussion, each company will have its own terminology or systems).
Formats and fields will vary from entity to entity. I tried to put in a simple a plain document the basics of a trivial customer visit. Again, it can be more or less extended, with more or less info. What you need to ask yourself is:
- Who will read this document (only archived Or shared with other stakeholders?)
- What kind of background do they have (the readers or eventual action owners) of the customer and business specifics?
- Keep it simple and to the point. This is a visit report, not a customer database.
- Keep it clear, all actions and follow-ups must be properly identified (accountability/responsibility) with timeline.
In attach I provide a very simple draft/example.
- You need to register (for free) to get immediate access to this and other documents, templates and resources: